The aim of this programme is to equip learners with the relevant critical knowledge and skills to strengthen and develop their supervisory management skills in accordance with international best practice.
A key outcome of the programme is to deliver highly motivated supervisors and managers, equipped with a range of skills, knowledge, tools and techniques for leading, developing and fostering highly motivated teams resulting in increased productivity, profitability and competitiveness.
The programme is designed for adult learners who has been or has recently been appointed to a supervisor or manager role a casual, part time, full time or professional basis in the private, public and/or third sectors. Learners with differing prior educational achievements and prior occupational experiences are encouraged to participate in this programme as the course will be tailored accordingly.
Level 3 or eqivallent life experience is a minimum entry requirement. Minimal No experience in supervisory managemen is required as all skills, knowledge and attitudes will be provided on the programme to successfully complete assessment requirements. Computer literacy and access to work processing facilitaties is a distinct advantage though not essential to complete the written assessment part of the programme.
Learners on this programme wish to explore how the adoption of interntional best practice can motivate, lead and inspire a highly effective, productive and dedicated team.
The programme is tailored to suit differing learner groups. These groups can be broadly considered as
(a) Newly Appointed Supervisors
(b) Experienced Supervisors/Newly Appointed Managers
(c) Experienced Managers
At the end of the Supervisory Management Module participants will be able to
1. Detail the key characteristics of a highly effective supervisor regardless of sector – public, private and
2. List the ingredients for effective verbal and non verbal communication
3. Recognize, harness and capitalize on different learning styles, personalities and behaviours
4. Facilitate constructive feedback that motivates team members to strive for increased performance.
5. Earn respect and not expect respect
6. Identify different motivation strategies and ultimately motivate team members in accordance with
international best practice
7. Implement the Time Efficiency Cycle and achieve the critical time required to address the pre-requisites for
delegation; namely training and planning
8. List, discuss and address a range of common issues that face supervisors.
At the end of the Operational Planning Module participants will be able to
10. Explain the benefits of planning.
11. Develop effective, realistic and accurate plans that surpass targets
12. Explore a range of different short, medium and long term plans employed in the workplace and develop ,
implement monitor and evaluate operational work plan.
13. Undertake a training needs analysis for team members
14. Develop and deliver a 1-2-1 skill demonstration plan in accordance with international best practice.
At the end of the Team Leadership Module participants will be able to
15. Understand what teamwork is and how it works
16. Apply the situational leadership model and provide the right style of leadership at the right time,
appropriate to the task and individual.
17. Facilitate group meetings for problem solving and planning.
18. Manage and address difficult personalities and behaviours in accordance with legislation and company
procedures and policies.
19. Recognize the different stages of group development.
20. Conduct performance appraisals & performance conversations
At the end of the Organisational Skills Module participants will be able to
21. List the functions of a supervisor/manager
22. Delegate effectively in accordance with international best practice
23. Apply best practice in time management
24. Maximize Meetings
25. Deliver presentations and recognise best practice with regard to designing powerpoint slides.
4 Modules over 6 days :
Dates: 10th, 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th & 19th December 2014
This course is fully booked.