Skillnet Training Network in South West Ireland
to improve your client & business capability and drive your business performance
South West Gnó Skillnet is fully supportive of the Government’s efforts to effectively address and limit the spread of COVID-19 and to safeguard the protection of public health and that of our stakeholders.
South West Gnó Skillnet management team are continuing to work and are available to discuss any queries that our businesses or trainees have regarding our scheduled training programmes and supports for businesses.
In support of this national effort and in line with Government recommendations, South West Gnó Skillnet has postponed its in-person training courses until further notice. Where possible, alternative methods of programme delivery are being mobilised.
South West Gnó Skillnet will continue to take bookings for in-person programmes commencing at a later date in 2020. Our current range of online programmes are available to view on our Social Media pages.
We are also available to discuss your queries about any other future programmes we offer to businesses within the South West Gnó Skillnet sector/region.
Our Network contact details are.
NAMES Katie Kerin – Network Manager
PHONES 087 215 9431
We would remind our stakeholders that the HSE website www.hse.ie is the authoritative source of information and advice on the situation regarding COVID-19 in Ireland.
We will keep this information updated in the coming weeks. Further information is also available on the Skillnet Ireland website at https://www.skillnetireland.ie/
South West Gnó Skillnet
Welcome to South West Gnó Skillnet, a learning & development network of companies based in Kerry.
We have built an unrivalled, screened & proven panel of training experts, that you can access painlessly, flexibly and at short notice, to improve your client & business capability and drive your business performance.
All training developed and delivered by the network is part funded by Skillnet Ireland who receives funding from the National Training Fund and The Department of Education and Skills.
|Course / Cúrsa||Date/Time / Dáta/Am|
|Coaching Skills for Managers||
12/05/2020 - 09/06/2020
|Certified Mediation Training||
09/09/2020 - 23/10/2020
|ICF Certificate in Professional Coaching Skills||
11/09/2020 - 01/11/2020
|Project Management Essentials||
30/09/2020 - 01/10/2020
South West Gnó on Facebook
South West Gnó Skillnet
By joining our network for FREE, South West Gnó Skillnet will provide your organisation with access to many benefits.About Us
- Reduce your training costs by 20%
- Gain access to a panel of training experts
- Avail of networking opportunities
- Up-skill & Re-skill yourself and your staff!
Join today for FREEJoin Today
South West Gnó Skillnet on Twitter
What some of our Customers have said
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to some of the more commonly asked questions, but if you don’t find your answer here please contact us
What Courses are we running
How are courses selected to be run?
Content, duration and dates can be modified to suit the requirements of participants.
How does the subvention mechanism work?
Do I need to have chosen a vendor and content to make a request?
Following the Government announcement today on national restriction measures in place until 29 March 2020– What is the Skillnet Ireland position with respect to Network Training Activity Plans?
Skillnet Ireland is fully supportive of the measures announced by Government this morning, 12 March, which aim to reduce the speed and limit the spread of COVID-19 in an effort to safeguard the protection of public health and that of our stakeholders. We encourage each of our industry groups to work with us to address this unprecedented health challenge.
The official public health advice (from the HSE) has advised that all indoor gatherings of more than 100 people should be cancelled from 13 March 2020 until 29 March 2020. On the advice National Public Health Emergency Team the Government also recommended that we reduce unnecessary face to face interaction in the workplace and maximise the use of meetings being conducted remotely or by phone. Businesses have been asked to play their part and take sensible measures including the need to reduce social interactions as much as possible.
On this basis, Skillnet Ireland advises;
- Networks must cancel all training activities with over 100 attendees scheduled to take place between 13 March 2020 and 29 March 2020 and to contact all relevant stakeholders.
- Networks consult with their contracting organisation and steering group to examine the impact of the announcement of these measures on your planned Network activities and Network management teams working arrangements.
- Network steering groups are advised to consider postponing any non-essential training programmes, events or meetings between now and the 29 March 2020. Networks communicate any decisions made by the Network with any relevant stakeholders.
- As with standard course postponements, Networks are advised to communicate with their providers to agree relevant extensions to later this year if this course of action is taken.
- Networks place a brief information update message on your Network website . We present a draft message overleaf for all networks to ensure consistency of our message. This can be edited to reflect each network.
- Networks are encouraged to continue to identify ways in which training can be delivered remotely or using technology to continue to offer workforce development supports to businesses, where possible.
- As outlined yesterday, Skillnet Ireland is actively examining ways in which we can support networks to maximise the use of technology in delivering training. We expect to have some information on this in the coming weeks.
We appreciate that many you have other questions about how this affects your Network Activity, Budget and network expenditure. We shall address these questions in the next Network Update.