The aim of this programme is to equip learners with the relevant critical knowledge and skills to strengthen and develop their supervisory management skills in accordance with international best practice.
A key outcome of the programme is to deliver highly motivated supervisors and managers, equipped with a range of skills, knowledge, tools and techniques for leading, developing and fostering highly motivated teams resulting in increased productivity, profitability and competitiveness.
- Acquire the necessary skills, knowledge and attitudes required to address the roles and responsibilities of a highly effective supervisor
- Demonstrate a range of supervisory and management skills that are essential for harnessing the energy of the team and achieve the critical synergy required to surpass targets.
- Develop fundamental interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills that motivate and empower teams.
- Conduct Performance Conversations
- Achieve the confidence to deal with a variety of challenging situations and behaviours.
- Explore effective work practices appropriate to the role as supervisor/line manager including the ability to train on a 1-2-1 basis and drive effective meetings.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
The programme is designed for adult learners who currently work or wish to work in a supervisory or managerialrole, or a person who wishes to work in such a role, on a casual, part time, full time or professional basis in the private, public and/or third sectors in accordance with international best practice while simultaneously achieving an accredited certification on the national and European framework of qualifications. Learners with differing prior educational achievements and prior occupational experiences are encouraged to participate in this programme.
Level 3 or equivalent life experience is a minimum entry requirement. No prior experience in supervisory management s required as all skills, knowledge and attitudes will be provided on the programme to successfully complete assessment requirements. Computer literacy and access to work processing facilities is a distinct advantage though not essential to complete the written assessment part of the programme.
Learners on this programme share a passion for working with people in a learner centred, participatory and engaging manner and strive through continuous improvement to achieve excellence in their work environment and thus enable success and profitability.
This programme comprises of one module, namely Supervisory Management Skills cod 6N2104 (15 credits). The specific learning outcomes are grouped into four units – 1. Supervisory Management, 2. Operational Planning, 3. Team Leadership and 4. Organisational Skills
5 days contact time but learners should note that they will require up to 40 hours own time development for course related tasks, revision and assessments.
27th/28th Feb, 1st/9th/10th March, 2017
MCX Training & Development