The 5 Day course is run to the standards proposed by the H.S.A and covers a wide range of topics to prepare participants in the theoretical and practical aspects as well as the instructional techniques of Manual Handling. On completion of this course trainees would be a qualified Manual Handling Instructor. Delivery is either online through webinar or classroom based.
• Legal Aspects
• Ergonomics & Manual Handling Risk Assessment
• Train the Trainer Module
• Working Physiology
• Fitness & Flexibility
• Lifting & Moving Techniques
• Planning & Design of Training Programme
• Delivery of Manual Handling Training
Duration – 5 days
Who is this course for
This programme is open to all learners, specifically those who have a responsibility in Health & Safety within their work environment either operational and/or services training. Some learners may have past experience in delivering training or safety solutions to industry or they maybe acting within a safety capacity in a business.
This course aims to equip participants with the knowledge, skills and competence to become a confident and effective Manual Handling Instructor.
On completion of the course, participants will:
• Know and understand the main components of Health & Safety legislation and regulation
• Know the main risk factors for back injuries, understand the main components of the spinal column and concepts of ergonomics
• Explain the manual handling risk assessment process and be able to carry out a manual handling risk assessment
• Recommend preventative measures to reduce risk of injuries
• Apply principles of safe manual handling practices to a range of manual handling tasks
• Develop and deliver effective manual handling programmes and efficiently instruct others on theory and techniques of safe manual handling
Good understanding of English
Training Provider: Aryton Group
Cost: €650p/p and with South West Gno funding this will be reduced to €450p/p
Start Date – 13/05/2021, Delivery: Webinar
Start Date – 24/05/2021, Delivery: Webinar
Start Date – 08/06/2021, Delivery: Webinar
Bookings are closed for this event.