Refresher courses are essential for certified First Aiders to keep up with developments in First Aid practice, and to refresh skills that may be only intermittently used. This one-day course is certified by Anderlift Safety Services and is applicable to participants who hold a current FETAC Level 5 certificate.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- demonstrate up-up-date practical First Aid skills
- explain new developments and practices in First Aid
- Approach to First Aid situation: Scene Safety and Personal Protection
- Examination of casualty – Checking for vital signs: Primary/Secondary Survey of Casualty
- Recovery position
- CPR Protocol and Use of Defibrillator
Current CPR Protocol in cases of Cardiac Arrest and Use of Defibrillator.
- Bleeding and Wounds
Control of bleeding – Use of Bandages and Dressings: Checking for Internal
- Sprains and Fractures
Dealing with sprains and both open and closed fracture situations.
- Medical Emergencies including Diabetes, Epilepsy and Asthma.
- Electrocution and Burns: Key steps in dealing with casualty suffering from either electrocution and burns (chemical of other).
Methods of Training
This course utilises a range of practical tasks and assessments to ensure participants are actively involved in the training and can meet the standard required of a competent First Aider in the Workplace.
Certification is valid for 2 years after which time a further 1 day refresher will be required.
The cost to attend for Skillnet Members will be €65.00pp
Trainer: Gerry Barry – Anderlift
Bookings are closed for this event.