The primary objective of Ibec’s Bullying and Harassment – Support Contact Person programme is to provide all those who will become support contact persons with an in-depth understanding of the role in a clear and concise manner. It will provide the skills necessary to carry out this important role. This programme is also suitable for those managing the function of the support contact persons.
Who Should Attend?
The Bullying and Harassment – Support Contact Person programme is designed to ensure that those who will become support contact persons will understand the role in a clear and concise manner. This programme is also suitable for those managing the function of the support contact persons.
On completion of the programme, participants will:
- Have a clear understanding of the legal definitions of bullying, sexual harassment and harassment
- Understand the behaviours that constitute bullying and harassment
- Know how to be a strong and supportive support contact person who can explain the procedures for addressing complaints of bullying and harassment in a non-directional manner
- Develop and improve the skills of communication, listening and dealing with conflict
- Be in a position to answer queries and questions in the area of bullying and harassment within an organisation
Experienced Ibec staff that deal with a variety of real-life situations on a daily basis present this course. They will present the issues in a practical manner illustrating the key points with the use of realistic case examples, case studies and exercises
Training Provider: IBEC
Delivered online over two half days – 10th and 18th March – 2-5pm
Cost for SWG Members is €100.
Bookings are closed for this event.