Communicate & Lead with High Impact
Essentially, there are 3 key elements to the programme.
- 3 Day ‘Communicate and Lead with High Impact in the Workplace’ Masterclasses (detail below) – ideally Day 1 and day 2 follow consecutively, or very close together.
- 1 x One to One Coaching/Mentoring sessions with each participant and myself, the Programme Facilitator each lasting 2 hours following masterclass 3
- Optional – Final half day will involve the playback session with each of the participants presenting to the overall leadership team (or a relevant selection of the leadership team) for 10 – 15 mins max on their learnings, sharing their learnings on how they have grown personally and professionally, how the programme has enhanced their role and how has it has benefited South Doc. This is also an opportunity to discuss and agree sustainability of the learnings beyond this programme.
This session will be followed by a short question and answer session and closes with agreement on how the objectives were met, and a group discussion around what worked and what did not work and where to from here. We will also look at what supports, if any, might be required going forward to sustain the learnings.
- Communicate and Lead with High Impact – 3 Day masterclasses
Over the course of the three workshop days, we will use a combination of theory inputs and practice exercises to support the learning. Using your own day to day real life issues and challenges, is our preference in helping you to know, understand and integrate the concepts and models – and to be able to immediately apply them upon completion of the masterclass.
Therefore, over the 3 days, we will look to incorporate:
- High impact “real life” sessions working to practice and embed skills using specific scenarios based on a combination of case material from the workshops, expert knowledge and personal challenges volunteered from you
- Understanding and recognition of the “speedbumps” that may come your way on a day to day basis and how you might handle them more effectively than you might have done in the past
In terms of models and tools for you to use and take back to the workplace, we will draw extensively from a theory of human development, personality, and communication known as Transactional Analysis (TA). It has concepts that can be learned and applied as tools for personal and professional growth and change. The underlying philosophy is one of mutual self-respect and caring and a belief in peoples’ ability to be responsible, think for themselves and make their own decisions.
One to One Coaching / Mentoring Session following each Masterclass
Purpose / Benefits of the 1-to-1 Coaching / Mentoring Sessions for each Participant following masterclasses 2 and 3
Following the 3rd masterclass each participant will be invited to engage in an individual confidential 1-to-1 coaching / mentoring session for the purpose of:
- Integrating and deepening their learnings and offering them an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding and awareness of their own behaviours and reactions, learn additional skills and/or be coached around anything that might have come up for them in the workshops.
- These coaching/mentoring sessions are totally confidential and have proven to be highly beneficial in all previous programmes that have been run in the past
- The benefits of these sessions as part of this process, include the safety and simplicity participants will have with someone what they can trust and respect – a trusted sounding-board, who can listen, help talk through issues or explore different perspectives on anything that’s going on for them at the moment.
- The coaching / Mentoring session can also bring the learnings from the programme to the next level of understanding– with deeper exercises and discussion on how this relates specifically to them in terms of understanding more the people whom they interact with every day (both inside and outside of the work environment).
Why would participants engage in 1-to-1 Coaching Sessions for participants as part of the Communicate with High Impact Programme?
The International Coach Federation (ICF) defines coaching as: “An ongoing partnership that helps clients produce fulfilling results in their personal and professional lives. Through the process of coaching, clients deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life”
My role, as facilitator and coach, is to build competency in the participant of being self-aware and paying attention to what is going on inside and well as outside. It’s about asking the questions that don’t often get asked, being listened to and heard in a way and on levels that happens rarely and ultimately it’s about working together to draw out their own resourcefulness, to create new possibilities and create an action plan that allows them to step forward throughout this journey and beyond with increased clarity & certainty .
“What coaching does is it puts you in a relationship where you can explore what you want to do, with a person who is obviously professional but not part of the organisation that you are part of. It basically takes you out of the forest so that you can deal with the trees”
Required Pre work / Pre-reading
- I invite participants to have a think about 2 examples over the past 2 – 3 weeks where they made an assumption about other people on the basis of their behaviours – an assumption about the person themselves or about their behaviour (without checking for clarity or the truth)
- Also, to bring along some real live examples of communication and situations (good and bad) that they know could have been handled differently with a view to learning how it might be done differently.
- Consider some feedback you would like to give somebody, but haven’t for whatever reason, something you would like to ask for, a courageous conversation you would like to have – something where it really would serve you to effectively name your truth…
- I ask that each participant will complete the T.A. (PAC) Ego-gram Questionnaire, which will also be sent to them in advance and takes about 10 minutes to complete. The explanation and understanding of same will happen on day one of the programme (completing this in advance will save us time during the workshop)
Dates: 6th & 7th Feb, 1st March, 15th & 16th March, 2017.
Trainer: Mary T. Tierney, Azurite Consulting.