The 5 Day course is run to the standards proposed by the H.S.A and covers a wide range of topics to prepare participants in the theoretical and practical aspects as well as the instructional techniques of Manual Handling.
On completion of this course trainees would be a qualified Manual Handling Instructor. Delivery is either online through webinar or classroom based.
Awarding Body (QQI) / Awarding Title (Instructing Manual Handling) / Award Type (Minor) / Level (6)
• Legal Aspects
• Ergonomics & Manual Handling Risk Assessment
• Train the Trainer Module
• Working Physiology
• Fitness & Flexibility
• Lifting & Moving Techniques
• Planning & Design of Training Programme
• Delivery of Manual Handling Training
Duration – 5 days
Who is this course for
This programme is open to all learners, specifically those who have a responsibility in Health & Safety within their work environment either operational and/or services training. Some learners may have past experience in delivering training or safety solutions to industry or they maybe acting within a safety capacity in a business.
This course aims to equip participants with the knowledge, skills and competence to become a confident and effective Manual Handling Instructor.
On completion of the course, participants will:
• Know and understand the main components of Health & Safety legislation and regulation
• Know the main risk factors for back injuries, understand the main components of the spinal column and concepts of ergonomics
• Explain the manual handling risk assessment process and be able to carry out a manual handling risk assessment
• Recommend preventative measures to reduce risk of injuries
• Apply principles of safe manual handling practices to a range of manual handling tasks
• Develop and deliver effective manual handling programmes and efficiently instruct others on theory and techniques of safe manual handling
Learners intending to participate in the Level 6 Manual Handling Instruction programme should have previously achieved Level 5 on the National Framework of Qualifications (in any discipline). This is the level associated with the subjects at Leaving Certificate. Successful participation in this programme will depend on a minimum level of English language proficiency.
If a learner or employer is in any doubt about this achievement at Level 5 or English language proficiency, then please contact email@example.com.
For information regarding Transfer and Progression please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Learner Additional Requirements/Reasonable Accommodation
We do our best to accommodate learners who have a disability/specific need when it is practicable and feasible to do so (an accommodation is a modification of classroom or an evaluation procedure designed to address particular needs). We invite learners who have any additional needs/requirements to speak to our Training Manager email@example.com in confidence, before the programme begins. The following are examples of supports we can put in place:
• Additional time for exams or assignment submission
• Provision of additional equipment
• IT Support
• Facilitate, if possible, alternative assessment instruments to be used, where required.
Training Provider: Ayrton Group
Bookings are closed for this event.