Convert your investment in project management training into a Further Education and Awards Council (FETAC)/QQI component certificate in Project Management by attending this one-day conversion course and completing the portfolio of project evidence.
Duration: 1 day
This one-day course builds on your existing Project Management training, recapping the material you have already learned to plan, manage and close your projects successfully. You will understand how to be proactive in your approach to risk management. – identifying mitigation and contingency plans to ensure your project delivers within project constraints. You will learn how to practice change control and status reporting to ensure your stakeholders expectation are managed.
You will be supported in the preparation of your project and assignment to obtain this FETAC/QQI Certificate in Project Management.
For whom is this course suitable?
Most two-day Project Management Essentials courses do not lead to a recognized Project Management accreditation nor do they ensure attendees use the training! Similarly, some people who attend Velopi’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® Preparation course find they do not have the required experience to be eligible to sit the PMP® exam itself or they find they would prefer to take time to practice and fully understand using the various tools and techniques described in the course.
This one-day course has been designed to accommodate both types of student and assist them on the Project Management ladder. The FETAC Component Certificate does not require sitting a written exam. Students are assessed on practical assignments that are submitted as a portfolio of work. So attendees use a live project they are working on and complete a portfolio of evidence to show they have the skills in Project Management. This also ensures that the attendees use the tools & techniques that they were trained in!
- Master project management skills, concepts, tools and techniques
- Create, structure and organize projects using project management tools
- Be able to schedule project tasks and work packages effectively
- Estimate project cost & resource requirements
- Manage Project Risk and Communications
- Be proficient in Monitoring and Controlling project phase
- Determine the lessons learned from the project
- FETAC/QQI certification in Project Management
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Planning Projects
- Risk Management
- Project Execution
- Change Management
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Project Closure
- Lessons Learned
- Closeout Report
- Post course follow-up support
Portfolio of Assessment
In order to gain a level 6 certification in Project Management students are required to complete the following portfolio of work:
- Skills Demonstration (8 parts) 70% of Total Marks
- Assignment 30% of Total Marks
Each student shall maintain a folder (collection of work) containing a hardcopy of all completed work, including all eight skills demonstrations and the assignment. The folder shall be submitted to the tutor on the final course completion date for final grading.
Pass 50 – 64% Merit 65 – 79% Distinction 80 – 100%
- Following successful completion the attendee will receive a FETAC/QQI Level 6 Component Certificate in Project Management
Bookings are closed for this event.