Ahead of the new European regulations coming into effect in 2018, Marie Murphy of Fort Privacy will deliver this one-day training course giving attendees a solid understanding of data protection and practical advice on how to implement good practice across a range of business activities such as running a website, marketing activities, handling customer payments and providing customer service.
Who will benefit from this training?
This course will benefit anyone who carries out a customer facing business activity such as sales, marketing or customer support or who is involved in running a web based or e-commerce business.
At the end of the day, attendees will be able to:
- Figure out what role your company plays in Data Protection
- List all the personal data your company handles
- Understand the principles of data protection
- Define how the principles apply to data in your company
- Explain the data subject’s rights
- Examine data protection across some common business scenarios – HR / Marketing / Customer Service / Managing Online Activity
- Define some data protection procedures and policies
- Talk about data security
Marie Murphy is a co-founder and operations director of Fort Privacy Partners which offers a full range of operational, legal and technical data protection services. She is a Certified Data Protection Officer (CDPO) with a background in business and communications.
Marie’s philosophy is that data protection is not just about compliance. Done properly, it enables businesses to build trusted relationships with their customers. It ultimately benefits the business by enhancing the business reputation.
Date: Thursday 30th November 2017
Venue: Dingle Benners Hotel
Time: 9am – 5pm
Cost: €125 or €95 for South West Gnó Skillnet members
Bookings are closed for this event.