This is a half day programme covering the fundamental skills in communicating effectively in conflict type situations. The programme is aimed at front line staff that face challenging customer interactions on the phone.
As a result of this programme:
• Participants will understand the components of effective communication.
• Participants will self-manage in emotionally charged conflict situations while acknowledging the emotions & issues raised by the customer thus allowing for forward moving dialogue.
• Participants will demonstrate active listening and questioning skills.
• Participants will engage in future focused dialogue to move towards resolution.
- Explore personal attitudes & beliefs towards communication / Conflict
- Effectively communicating from integrated adult
- Become aware of own assumptions and the internal story that can cause and escalate conflict
- Apply key skills to manage difficult conversations
- Demonstrate active listening and open and clarifying questioning.
- Enable parties to get to the future and to generate ideas for future engagement
- Use the CLEAR model in difficult customer interactions
- Embed learning
- Plan for learning application
Mary Ann McDonagh
Payback Solutions Ltd
Tel.: +353 91 485697
Mobile: +353 87 284 5795
Mary Ann has delivered Management and Leadership Development training across the globe including Asia, Australia, US and Europe. Many of her clients are large MNCs who have been with her for years because she takes the time to know their culture, understand their needs and deliver to those needs. Mary Ann is a Certified ROI Practitioner with the ROI Institute.
Mary Ann is an accredited Mediator with the Mediator’s Institute of Ireland. As part of her work, she has mediated disputes mainly in industry and between employees across all levels of organisations. Her experience in conflict mediation serves her well when working with managers and teams on developing their own conflict resolution skills.