Date(s) - 26/04/2018 - 07/06/2018
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Northridge House Education Centre
This course is required for care staff working with older people in care settings and includes information on HSE approved training on Elder Abuse. This course is also suitable for family members caring for elderly relatives in their own home. The course is a practical based course delivered by an experienced and well qualified nurse and facilitator. Role plays, interactive learning and simulated exercises are used to teach a variety of care skills.
The course is aimed at adults considering working in this vital area. This module is designed to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to provide care for older people in a variety of settings.
Dates: 26th April, 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th May, 7th June (5.5 days) 9.30am to 4pm
|26/04/2018||Launch of Assessment Material & Administration
The Ageing Process
Role of HIQA, HSE, Primary Care Providers
Biological & Social Ageing Demography
Psychology of Ageing & Effects of Retirement
|03/05/2018||Dementia Types & Approaches
Responsive Behaviour Approaches
|10/05/2018||End of Life
Common Conditions Workshop – Diabetes, Cardiovascular, Stroke, Falls
|BP & RB|
Continence Issues Management in Home or Institutions
|EB & JW|
|24/05/2018||Skills Demonstration (Blindfold & Assisted Feeding Exercise)
Do Not Resuscitate – CPR Issues Quality of Life (QOL)
|RB & BP|
|Summary, Evaluation and Outstanding Issues
Final Submission of Assignments
Assessments: Skills Demonstration (60%) and Project (40%)
- Please note all written assignments must meet the Education Centre policy on plagiarism
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances (e.g. Illness) the Education Centre will facilitate a student to submit their assignment to QQI at the next submission date
- This offer is available for the next submission date only
On successful completion of this course, learners are awarded a QQI Level 5 Care of the Older Person Component Certificate (5N2706) This course can be used towards several QQI Major Awards in Healthcare.
- Leaving Certificate or relevant qualifications and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- All participants on this course must have good fluency in English (Both Oral and Written)
Training Provider: http://www.northridgehouse.ie
Bookings are closed for this event.